Your online presence is the digital representation of your company's brand, personality and quality of products and services you provide. It's important to make sure you have a strong online presence because a consistent brand, strategic messaging and professional appearance across all channels can be what separates your business from the crowd.
Online Presence Basics
While there are many ways to digitally market your company to consumers, the 3 basics to consider are:
- Search Engine Business Listings
- How does your business listing look on Google?
- Social Media Appearance & Messaging
- Consistent imagery, messaging and engagement
- Custom Website Design
- Unique design that helps you stand out from your competitors
Search Engine Business Listings
Search Engine Business Listings are what you see when searching for a specific company by name.
These listings are important because they display:
- Operating information about your company, such as business hours and contact information
- Ratings and reviews from customers
- Custom images that represent your business, products and services
Here's more on The Importance of Claiming Your Business with Google.
Search your company name in Google and see how your business listing looks. Make sure the information is accurate, and the imagery reflects your business in a flattering way. If you see a link that says, “Claim this Business”, that means you have not officially verified your company with Google, and should do so asap! Here are instructions on how to Add or Claim your Business Listing.
Social Media Appearance & Messaging
Engaging followers and providing valuable information to consumers is a proven way to retain loyalty. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind when posting on various channels:
- Keep imagery consistent
- Make sure your header image on Facebook, Twitter, etc. is consistent with your brand to avoid any confusion by the consumer.
- Post on a somewhat consistent schedule
- This allows for routine engagement that followers come to expect.
- For a guideline on how often to post, read Avoid These 5 Social Media Mistakes.
- Post information that is of value to your followers
- This will keep them coming back!
- Respond to comments
- It shows that you welcome your follower's engagement.
Custom Website Design
Your business website is the only place online where you have complete control of your brand and message. When it's built according to the unique needs and goals of your company, and engineered according to SEO best practices, it becomes a 24x7 sales and marketing machine. Some advantages that come with custom websites are:
- No templates - the site is built from scratch according to your sales and marketing goals
- Unique look that makes you stand out from your competitors
- Built to look great on all devices (highly valued by consumers and search engines alike)
In today's crowded marketplace, consumers are more likely to trust companies with a cohesive and well-structured web presence. Make sure you have the basics covered, and give LyncServe a call if you could use a hand in any of these areas.