Managing Social Media pages can be difficult at times. Avoid making the following mistakes to help ensure your posts are making a positive impact on your business.
- Posting too much or not enough - You never want your account to seem inactive when a new user discovers you. However, posting too much will be overwhelming to your followers. The following is a good guideline of how much to post each day.
- Facebook - 1 post per day
- Twitter - 3-5 times plus 3-5 retweets per day
- Instagram - 1 to 2 times per day
- Not Having Variety in Your Posts – Repeating the same type of posts over and over will get stale and will decrease your number of engaged users. We know that it can be difficult to come up with fresh ideas so we've compiled a list of helpful post ideas.
- Ignoring / Deleting Comments - Responding to comments in a timely fashion is key to keeping people engaged. If someone asks a question or leaves feedback, responding quickly leaves a good impression and can drive more business your way.
- Sounding Like a Robot - An important aspect of social media is to sound like a human being. Nobody wants to talk to a robot. Add some personality to your posts and comments so your followers feel more connected with you.
- Posting Personal Opinions - Your Business Facebook Page should always be a reflection of your brand and should not contain opinions unrelated to your business. People follow your page to gain information about your business, so posting information aside from that will be a turnoff.
A great social media presence is an essential part of marketing any business these days and, if done well, can be an excellent way to gain new customers. Avoiding these 5 social media mistakes will help make sure that happens.